A warm shower after a day of hard work is sought after by most people as it helps their body and mind to unwind and sleep more peacefully. You also need a constant supply of hot water to do dishes and wash clothes, especially during the winter season. However, if your supply system is giving you more cold hours than usual, it might indicate that either you need a repair or a complete replacement of the old water heaters in your house.
There are many heating systems in the market nowadays to meet your family’s needs for hot water. Depending upon your family size and the plumbing fixtures you want to connect with the hot water supply, you can choose one for your house.
It is very dangerous to install a water heater by yourself. Wilco plumber Inner West in Sydney can be a very reliable aid in getting that done for you. At Wilco plumbing solutions, all the plumbers are trained and licensed to install all the plumbing fixtures and water heaters by following appropriate safety measures. They are also experts in installing, replacing and repairing commercial water systems by taking care of all industrial measures and guidelines.
How to choose the right water heater?
Before you set out to the market to buy a hot water system for your home, you should know the variety of these available heating systems. Broadly, there are mainly 2 types of heaters in this arena:
- Storage water heaters:
- You can switch it on at any time of the day, set the thermostat and it will keep the water stored at that particular temperature.
- Once you need the hot water, you can use the stored water.
- If you have a small family, this might work for you.
- However, for larger families reheating the water, again and again, can be a task.
- Continuous flow water heaters:
- Once you switch it on and turn on your tap, you can enjoy a free flow of hot water within a couple of minutes.
- It can meet the needs of large families where hot water is continuously required for bathing, cleaning, and washing the dishes.
Now, that you have decided which of the above systems you need, the following factors can help you in narrowing down your choices further:
- If you need an electric or gas heating system. This will again depend upon your family size.
- You can also opt for tankless systems if you are looking for energy-efficient technologies to save power consumption.
- Again, you can choose to be environmentally friendly and go solar heating systems installed in your home.
- If you are choosing the storage units, you can select the right size of tank based on your family’s needs. It can be anywhere between 25-500 liters in capacity.
Always ask a professional plumber to do the installation because doing it DIY can become a source of future damages and can even be dangerous for the health of people using it if the fittings are not done properly.
Hot water can also cause burn accidents and should be dealt with care especially if you have kids running in the house.